silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

5S


Yesterday, a cousultant from JIPM held an explanation meeting about 5S. I was so busy with my ordinary work as well, but I had to attend it. I almost slept at the eplanation...

What's 5S?

Maybe 5S is Japanese word (Seiri, Seiton, Seisou, Seiketsu, Shituke), but I checked the web dictionary of production control terms, and there seems to be equivalent English 5S (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) . Mmm, who worked out these English words, Good job!

A man next to me is so bad at Seiri-Seiton (put things in order). He always looks for something on his desk, and there are lots of icons on his PC desktop. When I said "It's difficult to find the file you want. You should decrease the icon and make short cuts", he said "But I'm familiar with this style and it's easy for me". Well, I'll change it somehow in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home