silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Monday, January 16, 2006

HUB: The English Pub













Sunday evening, after the script meeting was over, my friend and I dropped by HUB, the English pub. My friend recommended this place before, and this was my second time.

Pub is the abbreviation of public house, the place where people go to drink and meet their friends. In Britain, due to changes in the law, people can drink alcohol 24 hours now.

This day, I enjoyed fish & chips, shrimp fried rice, green soybeans, gorgonzola gnocchi, etc. I really like this pub because I can drop by easily, feel relax and eat to spend time talking with my friend.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:07 AM, January 24, 2006, Blogger Popbabe7 said…

    Hi

    Just a precision about the new law in Great-Britain: only some pubs can open 24 hours. They need to have a licence and most of them decided not to ask for it because of all the trouble it could lead to (fights in the streets,etc..).
    Cheers

     
  • At 8:17 AM, January 25, 2006, Blogger nabocha said…

    Hi babe7,

    Round-the-clock drinking is common in Japan, so I can't understand why there should have been such a law in England. And also I can't understand why it's free on this time.

    I heard that there's a problem of binge drinking in England, same as in Japan.

    Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home