silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Something told me...










After the scene practice on the stage, some members stayed in the next room and talked about the characters, especially the main roles, Tsutomu and Sayo. On the trial performance day, guests told us that the relationship between Tsutomu and Sayo was not clear. I was surprised to hear that I (=Sayo) looked like a kindergartner or a ghost! Actually, the playwright doesn't say their relationship clearly. I'm not another arsonist, nor his friend. I just choose Tsutomu to set fire, but we don't know the reason. So we tried to act and recreate the story at his fires before the real story starts.

I couldn't accept Sayo who knew everything from the beginning. But when a classmate asked my feeling on the scene in which Tsutomu guessed wrongly the reason why I chose Tsutomu and the kindergarten, I answered I got relieved. That was the proof which I knew everything! I didn't understand real Sayo again. I had thought that Sayo herself didn't know the reason why I chose the night of Halley’s Comet, the kindergarten, and Tsutomu to set fire. I just thought that something told me to do so...

Then, one of my members suddenly told us a mysterious story. When she went to her old high school to take courses to be a teacher, she couldn't help shaking her body with stress and pressure. She could stop the shaking only when she went to bed. But one day, when she sat on a chair, something stroked all of her body and said "Welcome home". Then she noticed that the room was her memorial room for the club activities. That room spoke words of cheer to her.

After that, another member followed and told us her own mysterious story. Actually she lost her husband years ago. He seemed to die by a car accident. The day before the fatal day, one of her daughters wouldn't go to sleep easily. She was a kind of good sleeper, but nothing could stop her crying on that particular day. The next morning, after she saw her husband off at the door, she cried, cried and cried in the kitchen. She said she didn't know the reason. She just got sad feeling from something and shed tears. On that day her husband died... I thought that proved her family's bond of affection.

I got absorbed in their unusual stories... and thus, I missed the last train. I had to end up in staying Tokyo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home