silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Recent Events

After taking the Eiken test, I couldn't start blogging here because my PC had been broken for this week. Finally I can write something here.

Speaking of recent events, I decided to quit my job in September. A half year before I had thought to do it actually. I was thinking that I would move to Tokyo, start my new job, and begin my study by a correspondance course from next spring. But I moved up the schedule considering my present status at the office. A new system will be introduced in October, and now there begins some projects and training programs for it. I didn't want to join the project which will take more than 3 years. Temporary staffs are supposed to offer one's resignation 3 months before that day, so I reported it to my boss this month.

I haven't decided my next job and place to live in Tokyo. Now I'm wondering "roomsharing" or flatsharing would be nice. I have some savings enough to live by myself, but I want to save it for my study abroad near future. Anyway accomodation is expensive in Tokyo. One big difficulty is to find a suitable flatmate. And now I'm wondering which should be decided first, my roommate, my new job or my flat.

Links:
Classified Rooms
http://www.shujik.com/roomshare/link.html
Tokyo Room Finder
http://www.tokyoroomfinder.com/
sharehouse.com
http://www.sharese.com/
.....................................................................................................

After taking the Eiken test, I couldn't resume blogging here because my laptop had been broken for a week. Finally, I can write something here.

Speaking of recent events, I decided to quit my job in September. I had thought about doing this a half a year before, actually. I was thinking that I would move to Tokyo, start a new job, and begin my correspondance course studies from next spring, however I accelerated my schedule considering my present status at the office. A new system will be introduced in October, and now some projects and training programs for it are beginning. I don't want to participate in projects which will take more than 3 years. Temporary staff are supposed to offer their resignation 3 months in advance, so I informed my boss this month.

I haven't decided my next job or a place to live in Tokyo, so now I'm considering if "roomsharing" or flatsharing would be nice. I have some savings, enough to live by myself, but I want to save it for my studies abroad in the near future. Anyway, accomodation is expensive in Tokyo. One huge difficulty is to find a suitable flatmate, and now I'm wondering which should be decided first, my roommate, my new job, or my flat.

.....................................................................................................

Other expressions of "wonder" (LONGMAN)

*mull
usually mull something ↔over
to think about a problem, plan etc for a long time before making a decision

*contemplate
to think about something that you might do in the future

*ruminate
to think carefully and deeply about something

2 Comments:

  • At 10:39 PM, June 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow you made a great decision!
    Time to come move!!
    I respect your decision, and I also try to go to next stage.

    Yes I can and I will try, and you can and you will try!

     
  • At 9:16 PM, June 22, 2006, Blogger nabocha said…

    Yes, I wanna keep changing myself!

    *They always say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. --Andy Warhol

    *The art of living does not consist in preserving and clinging to a particular mood of happiness, but in allowing happiness to change its form without being disappointed by the change. --Charles Langbridge Morgan

    *We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves: otherwise, we harden. --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    To find my way is not a matter of others, but of myself. You know, Where there is a will, there is a way! Let's be ambitious!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home