silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Jacques Prevert

It is getting near to December, and the autumn leaves are starting to fall. Good time to listen "Les Feuilles Mortes" by Yves Montand.

This chanson seems to be a standard jazz song translated from French into English. Of course the original language is better.

These days I listen this song a lot to sing, but the first murmuring part (Oh! Je voudrais ... les souvenirs et les regrets aussi) is difficult to pronounce.

When I saw the lyrics card, I noticed that Japanese translation was made by Isao Takahata. Oh, I remember that "Les Feuilles Mortes" was written by Jacques Prevert, and Isao Takahata issued his anthology, the translation of "Paroles". Ah, I want to get it soon!

When I got into the French class by Naoko Ishikawa to study French poems at the university, I bought "Paroles". Now I can't read French though...

I want to study French poems again, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home