silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Wish

At last I talked about my resignation with Mr. N, who is the head of EFL course yesterday. It seemed that he heard it through the grapevine, and he wouldn't like to believe it.

"You're punctual and competent. We can always trust you and all teachers wouldn't like you to quit. Is there any way to keep you here? All teachers can ask the boss about it, for example?"

Now I see that my efforts paid off and I'm so pleased and satisfied just hearing his kind words. But it's late...

I know my boss is old-fashioned, quick-tempered and demanding, but I can manage him because he's so childish. The main cause is a lady who is in charge of personnel. Sometimes she doesn't like me and reports me badly to him. She can tell me directly, but she's never do that.

One day, I happened to leave the office to lunch a bit earlier than usual. Then she told him about me as I didn't follow the rule (actually there had been no strict rule about break time). Immediately he came to me with angry looks. That is to say, he summoned me.

In the principal's office, my boss threatened to fire me shouting hysterically. "You're just depending on the school, sitting just in front of the computer and doing nothing. You trouble all of us because you're a correspondence student. You create so much stress. Your working attitude is too bad and you must be more humble. You should even do other works voluntarily. You idiot!"

It was as if I was a servant or slavery who was against a load in Middle Ages.

And he ordered me three things: Firstly, I had to apologize to everyone because I take classes at a university during summer and change the working shift. Secondly, I had to give out the school timetable for summer term to the students at the entrance everyday at 4 p.m. by myself. Thirdly, I had to eat lunch alone in the school. I couldn’t talk with other colleagues outside of the school.

So silly. Even children never do such an open bullying.

I was so shocked, but I wanted to act as if nothing had happened. So I just followed his orders obediently…But I was not so strong. I smiled outside, but I was crying always inside. I could talk with my colleagues about my worries only after work or via email.

Then, lastly during the meeting of English section, my boss suddenly ordered me, “Don’t consult with other colleagues about your worries. Deal with your mental issues by yourself.” I thought there might be a tap or something onto my bag. I was pushed into suspicious woods and never got out of it. I cried all day long.

Next week, I turned in my resignation to my boss. I cried. I broke into tears and I couldn’t stop it because I liked my job and loved the school. I was so sad that I had to quit my job in this way. In the end, my boss told me, “I'll never be fooled by a woman's tears!” I had nothing to say to him.


Even at this rate, I think I can forgive him someday because I know there's a person who controls him and he is just a fool. Anyway, she always hates someone who works well. She's so jealous and so evil-minded. You know, bullying among ladies is insidious. So many colleagues, especially women who were in charge of French section, left the office because of her. Everyday she just orders others to do something and she's not be able to do her job― she can't speak French enough, always speaks Japanese with French teachers, and she can't even make lesson sheets using spreadsheets. I think she shouldn’t be in charge of personnel. The person who deals with human recourses needs to be of high morals. She is all go against it. She often comes late in the morning and from the break. She always mixes with business and personal affairs. She always brings her feelings into the business.

All I want to say to her is not to ruin this historically good school. That’s it. I love this school, and I’m so proud of having worked there, and I will continue to study French there even after I quit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home