silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ella Fitzgerald

I'm lucky to know another female jazz vovalist. That is Ella Fitzgerald.

The English radio program I listen everyday has a part of English song at the end of the month.
I like it because I can learn a lot of English songs here.

The song of October was "Someone to watch over me" by Ella Fitzgerald.

The first time I listen Carmen Mcrae, a female jazz vocalist, I got the shivers. Her voice is a musical instrument itself, so colorful and crystalline. This experience made me curious to know femal jazz vocalists.

Ella Fitzgerald seems to be called "First Lady of Song". "Someone to watch over me"... If I could sing this kind of song gently, how sweet it would be. I want to listen Ella's songs more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home