silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Waiting for the last train

On Sunday I left Shinjuku and got off the train at Shin-matsuda around 22:00 to change to Gotemba Line. I had thought I could get on the train without waiting time. But I didn't know why but the train had gone. So bad connection! I had to wait for the next train (tha last train) for about one hour at the coldest windy station.

It wasn't worthwhile complain about it. I tried to think this was a sign to do something productive.

Then it came up my mind that I forgot to read the crippings of the Japan Times. I didn't have much pep left for reading news articles so I tried a crossword puzzle. But... it was much difficult than I expected! I heard that Roget's Thesaurus was good for crossword puzzle and I wanted to get it on that time.

I moved to an apparently easy one. That was an interview with Kumiko Mori titled "WORDS to LIVE by". There were lots of witty and impressive words on that article.

*I believe that disappointments are chances for new discoveries.
*Verbalize your dreams and they will all come true.
*For more peace in the world, we need more karaoke machines. (!)
*I have too many feelings and too big of a heart so my body had to expand to accomodate all those emotions. (!!)
*We regret what we don't say, not what we say.
*My motto is unless I am happy, I can not make others happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home