silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Byron

In the original Japanese script of our drama, a samurai appears reciting a piece of poetry by George Gordon Byron (Of course it is translated into Japanese).

I wanted to know the original English verse, so firstly I bought a Byron's anthology translated by Itsuo Miura which is used in the script. It went our of print and I found it at a bookstore online.

Next, I searched Project Gutenberg to find the original English verse, but I couldn't find it.

At last, I asked a professor who specializes in English literature, especially Byron (I appreciate your cooperation, thank you!). He also couldn't find any poem corresponded with Japanese one. And he told me that this Japanese poem seemed to be created by Itsuo Miura using several Byron's works! No wonder I couldn't find it!

Anyway, why do I tend to stray from what I really have to do always? What I have to do now is revise the script with my classmates...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home