silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Curling

These days, I go to the pool every Tuesday and Saturday evening, and do exercise. Running, cycling, swimming... oh, it's triathlon, isn't it? Everytime I go to the gym, I do exercise too much, and end up in eating too much later.. oops.

Anyway, last Saturday when I went into a sauna in the pool, there broadcasted a game of curling at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin. On that time, Japan women's team was competing with Canadian team.

curling:
a sport played on ice, in which players slide flat heavy stones towards a marked place (LONGMAN)

It was my first time to watch curling games. I thought it was like billiards or snooker. In fact, curling is refered to as "Chess on Ice" because it required the strategic thinking to win the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home