silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Moldman The Bellringer in Dublin

Today I had a chance to watch a drama "Moldman The Bellringer in Dublin" by high schools students. When I was a high school student, I couldn't join any club activities. I really envied them!

I was surprised at the last scene. When I expected a happy ending, the mayor killed leading couple and revealed the real story. He could escape from his destiny ( he supposed to die when he would hear the bell the moldman rang at St. James Day), but he became immortal! He tried to do miracles again by telling the story and killing people! Little bit black and weird ending. (Here's the outline in Japanese)

A friend of mine said there were more comical scenes which I couldn't help laughing in the original DVD (of course at the original stage, I guess). She also said that the diseases spread among the people in Dublin must be their own true self which they don't want to face themselves. Hmm, I want to read the script by Hirohito Goto.

First I read the title, it reminded me "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" by Victor Hugo. I want to read it again sometime. I think it must be the prototype of this drama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home