silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Solution Focused Approach

Friday evening, when I studied Access after work, there were a PC trainer, an operator working on the shop floor and me in a room. Then we talked about a little bit about our work.

The working situation in the shop floor seems very tough now. A lot of holiday works, new international code, heavy workloads, etc. I think not only workers at the shop floor but also Production Engineers who manage each machine look so tired these days. Since the end of last year, we have used the system called Daily Management System, and they seems to be swamped with that. They have to report and analyze the situation by each shift. I heard bawling of one of managers many times last week. I thought he would fall down by high blood pressure.

I'm wondering the analysis of the present situation in detail could get good result so much. Of course it's necessary and helpful, but efficiency, cost... all the figures couldn't improve our feelings to cooperate each other, to make high-quality products, to make environmentally good company. At least I can't feel the atmosphere of can-do spirit from anyone now.

Why alomst no one think about how to motivate employees? Is there anyone who takes positive way like Solution Focused Approach? Of course SFA doesn't apply to a manufacturing industry, but I think someone shold think in that way.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:50 AM, February 06, 2006, Blogger plow7010 said…

    Hi, nabocha.
    You're really diligent ! I've never heard of the method, "Solution Focused Approach", before. It seems difficult for me. :-)
    On the one hand, SFA stands for "Sales Force Automation". When I was a computer system engineer, I've ever heard of the SFA many times.
    By the way, I decided to suspend accessing on mixi. The detail was posted on my mixi diary. See ya.

     
  • At 6:45 AM, February 07, 2006, Blogger nabocha said…

    Hi plow-san,
    I got to know SFA very recently. So I don't know the detail things about this method. But it looks positive and productive way, isn't it?

    You seem work pretty hard. I worked so hard last year as you now, but these days I can go home earlier than before.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home