silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Famous line!

Just now I finished reading this book "Famous line!" by Shoji Koukami which I borrowed at the city library last week.

Shoji Koukami is one of popular playwrites in Japan. He has his own theatrical company, thirdstage, but it seems to be closed for now. I remember to see his work "TRANS" before, but now I don't remember it well, like it's a part of a dream.

This book set me a fire, a fever to see drama... oops, it's dangerous. But I live in a countryside now, not in Tokyo. If I lived in Tokyo, I would spend much money to see dramas.

I learned a lot of things about drama and play from this book, but for now, I just write down its content.

1. Line of love (1)
Shakespeare "Romeo and Juliet"
Suzuki Matsuo "Machine Diary"
Chekhov "Seagull"
Kara Juro "Virgin's Mask"

2. Line of laugh
Neil Simon "Barefoot in the Park"
Alan Ayckbourn "Relatively Speaking"
Minoru Betsuyaku "Little Red Riding Hood and Wolf at Christmas"
Ai Nagai "Ranuki no Satsui"

3. Line of sorrow
Sophocles "Oedipus the King"
Arthur Miller "Death of a Salesman"
Peter Shaffer "Amadeus"
Hideki Noda "Red Ogre"

... I've got to go now. To be continued later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home