silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

In order not to work overtime

These weeks, I haven't worked overtime so much. Why? I worked too hard last year. How about this year?

One of the reason is that my motivation is getting low. I don't know why exactly. Perhaps I have lots of things to do at home. Another reason is I learned that I don't need to work perfectly. The book I read the other day says that even 80% is too much. Don't I work perfectly only to satisfy myself? I should work to satisfy others, my boss, my company. Not myself. This book is only how-to book and not so good, but I learned this. In addition, working overtime is not good for the company of course. The personnel cost is the most expensive cost in the overall company's expenses.

Oh, I forgot to say more important thing. I got to work efficiently with a minimum effort!

But it's also true that I feel a sense of guilt from my chage of working attitude. So from this week, I started Access training after work again, on Thursday and Friday. I wish it could help my work more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home