silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Halley's comet

One of the keypoints of our drama Nocturne is Halley's comet. At a night of the shooting star in 1222 (Kamakura era in Japan), people at Hayakawa castle fell asleep by the magic of a demon, and they awoke from their deep sleep by setting a fire at a night of Halley's comet over 700 years later in 1986. You may think it's a science fiction just to read this outline.

Helley's comet can be seen every 75-76 years. Edmond Halley, an English astronomer in 18C, predicted that the comet sightings of 1456, 1531, 1807 and 1682 was related to the same comet, and that it would return in 1758. Unfortunately, he couldn't watch it by himself. But it did return as his prediction, and the comet became generally known as Halley's comet.

It last appeared in 1986, and will next appear in the summer of 2061. I can't remember I watched it last time. I was 7 years old and I forgot the memories on that time. Next time I can watch the shooting star, it means 55 years later from this year... I'm 81 years old! I hope I live long to watch Halley's comet.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:06 AM, March 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you hope live long to watch next Halley's comet?

    May be I will be dead then...I will no longer exist in this world!

     
  • At 7:27 AM, March 07, 2006, Blogger nabocha said…

    Tsutomu san,

    Look around and you'll find a fragment of the star.

    That must remind you the memory you got at that night.

    I hope you will face yourself and live on your feet.

    Sayo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home