silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Debate Competition on National Sports Day

The next autumn English festival is going to be held on October 7th and 8th. At the last spring festival, I had to work on Monday, the next day of the festival. It was so tough for me to get right back to Gotemba to meet a weekly deadline with a little sleep after the presentation. But this time, we have a holiday, National Sports Holiday! How lucky!

Last year after the autumn festival, I went to National Olympics Memorial Youth Center in Yoyogi to see the ESUJ (The English-Speaking Union of Japan) University Dabating Competition 2005.
http://nabocha.blogspot.com/2005/10/university-debating-competition.html
The competition 2006 is going to be held on October 8th and 9th this year.
http://www.esuj.gr.jp/debate/jp/contents/debate_2006_univ.htm

I'm going to watch it again this time. I'm sure I can't follow their debate, but I'm also sure I'll be motivated and study English harder!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:51 PM, September 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How about your class?
    Actually we're...too late...we're in trouble with outline.

    But we have a camp this weekend in Tsukuba.
    I can't wait!!

     
  • At 1:21 AM, September 13, 2006, Blogger nabocha said…

    Hi Min! Happy to hear from you!

    Don't worry~ Our class is too behind the schedule... far away from the script! Anyway I'm going to make a rough script this week, but I'm not sure it'll be good.

    This time I tried to manage the class without extra meetings (and Japanese) because there're many busy members. I often miss those kinds of events.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home