silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Drama Title Decided: Hairspray

Finally my drama class decided our title. That is "Hairspray". This is about two weeks earlier than that last year. I can't believe my class could decide it in such an early phase.

This title is my recommendation. In October, I had checked so many movies and searched lots of plays, operas, musicals and so on. When I found the musical Hairspray and its original movie, I felt it did ring a bell, so I bought its DVD soon. Actually I'd never known that this was a famous Broadway musical until that time. After I watched the movie, I had a strong hunch again. So I recommended it in the class.

As I came to know Hairspray bit by bit, I noticed that it is really difficult to make a drama with Hairspray. It has a deep message, but it can be a cheap comedy easily. Nocturne, the last drama of mine was also difficult. In Nocture, there are various chacters appear, and they connect with others complicatedly. And it has many messages by each role and its mixture move the audience deeply. But it's easier to tell a deep message with a serious drama...

I feel I always try some new thing. Nocturne, Otaku..., and Hairspray. It must be challenging, but I'd like to trust members again and make a good drama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home