silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Drama title decided: Nocturne

Finally our drama class decided the title of the drama. That is "Nocturne".

These weeks, I've been anxious about the drama class because the class was divided into 2 groups; one recommended "Nocturne" and the other recommended "Sister Act".

I was in Sister Act group, because I felt Nocturne was too difficult to perform. In Nocturne, there are various chacters appear, and they connect with others complicatedly. And it has many messages. Good point of Nocturne is its mixture, that mixture move the audience deeply.

But we have to perform the drama in only 30 minutes. In order to make the story which can be understood by the audience in 30 minutes, we must make it simple. Maybe we must give up many roles or messages and make a new story.

I know it's very tough job to cut the original story. In the former class, we had to take much time which is better to put the suprising reversal story or not. After all, we gave it up because we had to put some hints or underplots into the script. That makes the story complicated. I think the surprising reversal is risky. It could be a kind of Deus ex machina, and make the audience feel apathetic.

Anyway, our drama title was decided. I feel relief to clear the first hurdle. I welcome the difficult story because I want to challenge it. I can learn a lot of things from the difficulties again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home