silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Enya










Our drama team used one of Enya's music when we took a curtain call. Now I listen one of her CDs "Paint the Sky with Stars" and it reminds me the atmosphere on that time.

The first time I knew Enya was when I was a high school student. One of my senior students recommended her music and I bought "Orinoco Flow". That was 1995 and she was not so famous yet.

Next I came across Enya was the same year when I watched "Gaia Symphony No.1", a documentary film. I was so moved by this film to make a poem for a school journal magazine. There was a sensitive period to do such a thing...

On this documentary, I got to know Mayumi Tsuruoka, the foremost researcher in the field of Celtic art. I remember I got so interested in the meanings of Cheltic decorative arts when she gave a lecture as a series of NHK ningen daigaku on TV.

I got one of her books, "Celt/Decorative thoughts". I wonder I could read it through near future... Anyway I'm interested in Celtic culture because it is a basis of European culture and there are some sililarities between Celtic culture and Japanese culture. Polytheism (the belief that there is more than one god) and pantheism (the belief that God is present in all natural things), for example.

I really wanted to hear her lecturing and I got a chance of it when there was a symposium titled "The Role of Arts in the 21st century" at Kanagawa Ongakudo hall in 2003. Oh, there's a book putting togeter all of lectures? I wanna read that!

...I'm getting far away from Enya. I like listening her music and I'd like to read her song lyrics deeply when I have time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home