silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The new term starts



Today was the first day of the spring term this year. I switched the classes from Sunday to Saturday again. In this term, I registered these classes.

Writing correction
Project work Ⅰ(dramatic debate)
Project work Ⅱ(debate)
Intensive input A


I take the writing correction class because I'd like a native teacher to check my English here in my weblog! It must be a good way to improve my writing skill!!

I have experienced drama classes twice, so I try the dramatic debate class this term. I felt that the process of making a presentaion in the dramatic debate class was much different from the drama class. Anyway I got a nice feeling in the class today. I hope I could improve my debate skill in this class!

I really enjoyed the Mrs' "Are you ready?" class. After the small entertaining show by each group, she asked us what "positive thinking" is. I answered that positive thinking was not thinking. It must be action. And she asked us again. "We need positive thinking when we come across serious problems (parents' death, good-bye to one's lover, etc). How do you make this sad period short?" No one could get the right answer. "Checking. Check the problems everyday. Don't go away from problems in everyday life. That is the only way to prepare the shoking period in one's life and get positive thinking at that time." She said.

It reminded me one of my favorite words to live by in Japanese:
苦しいから逃げるのではない、逃げるから苦しいのだ

2 Comments:

  • At 11:47 PM, April 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My new class also started today.
    I and Cookie are so fine!
    And Tomoya, he is our new classmate.
    I'm so happy today, because Some stuedents said to me,
    "Are you Tsutomu?"

    Please keep in touch with me!!

     
  • At 4:31 AM, April 24, 2006, Blogger nabocha said…

    I'm glad to hear from you, Min!

    Yeah, I've got something different reaction in each class on Saturday. Maybe it is because of the drama...

    And I was also surprised that I got to be such a fun-loving person. It's due to the experience of a leader perhaps...

    Let's keep in touch and be a good? rival each other!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home