silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Life starts finally

On Monday, I went to National Olympics Memorial Youth Center in Yoyogi to see the ESUJ (The English-Speaking Union of Japan) University Dabating Competition 2006 as I did last year. This year I could watch the Grand Final. The motion was "This House believes that cultivating national pride in Japan will lead the nation to a better future" (愛国心を育てることは日本をより良い将来へと導く). This competition took Parliamentary Debate style.

I thought the Proposition side was much difficult than the Opposition side. Denouncing the motion is eacher than supporting it. The winner was the Opposition side and so it was also in the Model debate by UK debaters. This year I wathed it because it must give the clue for deciding my class next term, but still now I'm wondering which I should take, a logical presentation class or a drama class.

On the same day I got piles of textbooks for the correspondance course from the university. I have to make a curriculum by myself, but I must study for the basic Administration test on next Sunday. No time to rest!

Yesterday I went to Bunkyo Civic Center to submit my moving-in notification and go through some procedures of my health insurance and pension. Finally I became a citizen of Tokyo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home