silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

My Nickname

These days I have a lot of chance to get to know students at Phoenix, and they often ask me "Where does your nickname "Nabo" come from?"

Well, this is my nickname when I was a student at elementary school and junior high school. First I was called "pumpkin" (kabocha in Japanese). It didn't include any negative meaning, I guess, I believe... I forgot why I was called pumpkin anyway.

My real name is Naho, so one of my friends started to call me “Nabocha” instead of “Kabocha”. Then all my friends called me like that. Sometimes it changed like “Nabo-chan” or just “Nabo”. One time even a home room teacher called me “Nabo”. I really liked my nickname, so I decided my nickname at Phoenix as “Nabo”.

I love not only my nickname but also pumpkin! I like pumpkin pie and boiled pumpkin. Oh, Halloween is coming up soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home