silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday English Club

From today I joined the English study circle (club) which takes place on every Sunday from 10:00 to 12:00 at Excelcior near Phoenix. I don't have any class on Sunday, but I decided to go there every week because it's a good chance to speak English anyway, and I can meet new friends there!

The topic today was "safety". First we did a pair work and explained what we discussed to everyone later. I talked about drinking and driving, and all about my insurances.

Actually, I did drinking and driving once when I had a junior high school reunion party in last August. I thought I wouldn't drink any alcohol there, so I drove my car to the party. But I drunk a bit and went home with my car! I thought it was okay because there were few cars on the street midnight in Gotemba, and it took only 3 minutes to my house. I went home without any accident, but that is what I shouldn't do! Now drinking and driving concerns is one of the big matter of concerns in Japan. I heard a news before that a company made a key with alcoholic sensor which actually cannot use when it catches certain level of alcohol. If this system takes place with law enforcement, drinking and driving disappear without doubt.

Secondly, I talked about insurances.When I moved to the present shareflat, I didn't have to pay any damage deposit, key money, or fire insurance to the owner. I rent just my room, and just pay the room rent monthly. It means there's no insurance for me if some accidents (earthquake, fire, etc) occur. I chose this shareflat because it's cheap, but I never know what I should do when something occurs! And I'm ashamed to say that I pay nothing on injured insurance, hospitalized insurance and life insurance! There is nothing more valuable than good health, but nothing gurantees my health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home