silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Schwa

There are year-end special courses at the English school these weeks. I'm going take many classes as much as possible. This weekend will be so hard for me...

On the other day, I took the class titled "Movie English Listening". It took over 4 hours and I was too exhausted, almost got to sleep in the latter-half of the class, but it was so interesting.

In the class, we listened "New York Detective Story" and learned Enlish sound changes. It was the first time for me to hear the word "schwa", a vowel sound in parts of words that are not stressed. I'm lucky to know even one thing that this is the key of listening and speaking natural English.

It was so fun to learn logical sound change process, but what I need to do is exercise pronunciation a lot and feel that process with my body. I think unless I can pronounce well, I can't listen well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home