silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Presentable? Dramas

I had my articles corrected by a native teacher. I felt ashamed of my bad English...
......................................................................................................

Yesterday, after classes were over, I met 2 former classmates and went to HUB for a drink. We have always been together, like the famous Japanese saying, "Three heads could come up with great ideas as Monju" (Two heads are better than one). Anyway, I really appreciate both of you! I can't find any words to express my sincere thanks.

We talked a lot until the last train (I didn't want to miss the last train this time). We fell into a conversation about presentable drama titles without taking it too seriously.

How about classical Greek dramas? "Oedipus ", for example. Or "Orfeo ed Euridice" from Greek mythology. Or "Salome" from the New Testament.

I heard that "A Midsummer Night's Dream" has already been performed. How about other titles from Shakespeare? "Romeo and Juliet" or something.

Now I remember that I thought "Turandot" would be interesting to make into a drama. Yeah, opera! "La traviata", "Tosca"...

Last time, we tried a rather serious one, so how about a comedy next? I wish someone could do "Some like it hot"... and "Producers"! There are many musical films these days. "Chicago", "The Phantom of the Opera", "Rent"...

Only talking about titles was great fun, whether we can do it or not in fact... Anyway we had a great time!

......................................................................................................

Yesterday, after classes were over, I met 2 fomer classmates and went to HUB for a drink. We have been always together, like a Japanese famous saying, "Three heads could come up with great ideas as Monju" (Two heads are better than one). Anyway, I really appreciate both of you! I can't find any words to express my sincere thanks.

We talked alot until the time of the last train (I didn't want to miss the last train this time). We fell into talk about presentable drama titles without taking it seriously.

How about classical Greek dramas? "Oedipus ", for example. Or "Orfeo ed Euridice" from Greek mythology. Or "Salome" from the New Testament.

I heard that "A Midsummer Night's Dream" has already performed. How about other titles from Shakespeare? "Romeo and Juliet" or something.

Now I remember that I thought "Turandot" must be interesting to make it to a drama. Yeah, opera! "La traviata", "Tosca"...

We tried rather serious one, so how about comedy next? I wish someone could do "Some like it hot"... and "Producers"! There are many musical films these days. "Cicago", "The Phantom of the Opera", "Rent"...

Only talking about titles was great fun whether we can do it or not in fact... Anyway we had a great time!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:45 AM, May 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, you know Rent, right?
    I love this drama so much!
    If I belong to drama class again, I want to recommend it!!

     
  • At 5:11 AM, May 11, 2006, Blogger nabocha said…

    A friend of mine strongly recommended me to watch Rent, but I haven't done it yet actually.

    It seems that "Mamma Mia" is also going to become a film.
    http://www.moon-light.ne.jp/weblog/archives/2006/04/post_211.html#more

    Lots of musical films I want to check!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home