silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Working Holiday

Yesterday after work, I met the workmate at the locker room who is a translator and interpreter of my age, and is going to quit next month. She said she is going to work abroad. I heard on the grapevine that she's going to go to Singapore where her boyfriend lives, though. Well, I will move to Tokyo in September, but why don't I go ahead and go abroad? Why, I can do it, when I put it like that anyway.

But I must not forget my ultimate goal, to guraduate from a university (actually I'm going to study by a correspondence course, so I don't need to move in Tokyo. I just want to get out of Gotemba?!), and master French as my English level. The second goal is to experiece some jobs that requires English.

Yes, I know. But many people say you should go aborad at 20's, not just a sightseeing, but rather a long stay for at least 1 year. If so, why don't I try the working holiday program?

Now Japanese aged from 18 to 30 could get working holiday visa to undertake employment in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Korea, France, Germany and United Kingdom. I've been thinking that I'll go to UK someday, but this program covers people under 25 years old. I should have known it earlier! Anyway, I want to go to UK to get a degree, so it's not matter. But I need to hurry up! Only 3 years are left for me.

I'd like to consider it more. It's not late after I graduate from a university which study will take 3 years at least. Then, I would go to France as a graduation trip and an internship!

Association for Working Holiday Makers
http://www.jawhm.or.jp/jp/index.html

2 Comments:

  • At 11:51 PM, July 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now I'm interesting in a tour to study Enblish abroad for 1 week.
    This tour will be useful for working people.
    And...I don't want to study English abroad for a long time.
    Because I can do it at Pheonix!
    I just want experience...

     
  • At 3:31 AM, July 29, 2006, Blogger nabocha said…

    Hi Min,

    Yeah, I understand what you say. Not study English but study something in English, right?

    If I could go abroad for a long time, I'd like to live on European continent which experience would give me a different view from living in an island.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home