silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Proposition...










I'm ashamed to say that our dramatic debate team are still struggling to settle the proposition. Eh? You're supposed to be in a period of making a script, right? What have you been doing until now??

I know. We have to make a script at least in August. I know that the main message is also important when we make a drama. But things are more serious than that. In the case of dramatic debate, the proposition decides the range of the debate, what we should say and what we should not say.

You can find a lot of data, but when you really make a script for a debate, you have to make a structure with the supporting evidence of data just for the proposition. No matter how much you prepare data, you can be refuted if they are pointless. You can be said like it is not true, not always true, not necessarily true, not relevant, not significant, or easy to solve.

Once I thought that the subject "we" was good because it made the audience really think about our debate as their own problem. But now I think the good debate is the one in which the affirmative and negative are evenly matched and difficult for the audience to decide which is better.

We have to decide the proposition strictly before making a script. But we have no time...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:57 PM, August 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our group also struggled to settle the proposition. But last week we could decided it!

    I think your topic may be wide.
    It is difficult for you to make a decision.

     
  • At 3:54 AM, August 08, 2006, Blogger nabocha said…

    Really?! I envy your class!!

    Yeah, you said it. It's difficult to decide the proposition more than I thought.

    Actually, I've never watched any dramatic debates, so I don't know how I proceed the class to make a real presentaion(>_<)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home