silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Steve Jobs' speech

I've heard that the Commencement address by Steve Jobs was great, but I've been busy and had no time to read it through until today.

As you know, Steve Jobs is CEO of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, and this inspiring speech was delivered at the graduation ceremony of Stanford University on June 12, 2005.

You can read the translation in Japanase here ( for study). Although I haven't tried it yet, you can download the audio format from here.

I like his first story. The story of connecting the dots.

"Again, you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. "

I want to believe that my apparently fruitless, roundabout events of life will connect in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home