silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Japanese Folk Tales

On Saturday, I also took the class titled "Japanese Folk Tale". The textbook is the edit version of serial articles on Syukan-ST. On this day, I read "Old Man Blossom".

I like reading aloud the story. This kind of exercise makes me feel like I became a storyteller. Someone said that "the best leaders…almost without exception and at every level are master users of stories and symbols". I want to be able to use these kind of story, I mean... allegory or metaphor. Aristotle also said "The greatest thing in style is to have a command of metaphor".

Aside sayings, I really enjoyed reading this story. I didn't know the end of this "Old Man Blossom" actually. Every time the greedy man (and his wife) appears, I laughed.

Now I remembered that I've borrowed an English picture book of Japanese children's favorite stories at the city library, and forgot to read it. I want to read it in these holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home