silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Method acting

The first class on Sunday was "the Method Acting". In the former class, I was a new student, a sub-leader and a script leader, so I couldn't afford to think about acting seriously. Now I'm busy as a leader of a drama class and I can't imagine I really act on the stage as well, but I need to take how to act seriously this time.

In the class, the teacher explained us Method acting called Meisner technique which is taught at an actor traing school, The Neighborhood Playhouse, in New York City.

After the exercise of Talk & Listen, I understood a bit what the teacher said in the class. First, accept partner's saying, after that speak out my feelings. I want to leave notes here.

*Acting is the art of feeling real emotion, not pretending. That feeling is a result of communication. In order to communicate, we have to speak less, listen more.

*Acting is reacting. Not overreaction. Emotion is not what is put. Emotion comes. Situation gives birth to emotions.

*Good script has clear depiction of situation. It gives actors the purpose or goal. They can understand what they are going to do to reach that goal from the script.

... I wonder we can make such a clear script.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home