silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Samurai

There is a samurai in our drama and in the last class we were thinking how he appear firstly on the stage.

One of my members is so good at directing, especially acting, and I was very amazed by the way she pulled out the appearing movement as a samurai. "He was reborn here from the past era, like braking the shell of an egg." That kinds of direction was really new to me. Then our advisor told us like this; "After your appearing, Tsutomu (a leading character) is surprised and says "Sa-Samurai!", right? What is the simbol of samurai? I think it's sword. Can you use it effectively?" Oh, it is also wonderful direction!

After all, the samurai's appearing scene was completed. It's scary a bit, but I liked it because with blue lights and Onmyoji music, it must have impact so much!

I wanted to search and write about samurai, Bushido and Hagakure, especially the meaning of "Bushido is in being crazy to die" (武士道というは死ぬ事と見付たり) here, but I have no time now. There will be time to think about it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home