silver lining

every cloud has a silver lining.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Vocalise

The other week, one of my drama classmates asked to me to find a suitable music for the last scene. That night, I brought piles of my CDs from the CD rack, picked up and tried some of them.

This scene is so impressive. The past lovers' strayed souls are united and purified there. It leaves me the impression of great beauty, and great tragic farewell. It was difficult to find the right music which stirs such kind of feeling.

Then, I recommended her 5 pieces of music and we decided to use Rachmaninov's Vocalise.

A vocalise is a vocal exercise (often one suitable for performance) without words, which is sung on one or more vowel sounds. It has been adapted for other voice types as well as orchestral and solo instrumental performance.

You can listen it on the net here. Oh, it was used at the big hit Korean TV drama "Winter Sonata"? I didn't know that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home